This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Delete or Restore a Page
When deleting a page with several child pages i can not find the "button" or "checkbox" that says "Also delete child pages"
Hmm. Are you definitely on version 6? Check the footer if in doubt.
My Cloud Confluence does not give any option to delete the childpages at the same time - it just warns me that they will be reassigned to the parent of the page being deleted
The <<Copy Page Tree>> plug in allows you to delete a page and all its children
Interesting. It appears that Server is ahead of Cloud for a change!
Thank you for the reply. My footer does not tell me anything about the version..... or I am not able to see it. I managed by deleting pages for 20 minutes....
+1 for Rodney - It's not on my Cloud either. I know Atlassian roll out their upgrades in geographical tranches sometimes, so maybe it's just not hit us (or Rodney) yet....
As documented here, this highly useful feature disappeared.
This is absolutely ridiculous – seems like deleting a page with its child pages is still not possible in Confluence Cloud. I'm beginning to have strong doubts about Atlassian. @Dave Meyer
Source: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/delete-restore-or-purge-a-page/
I was just affected by this. But it gets worse.
If the page you deleted had restrictions and the parent of that page did not, all of the children that get reparented are suddenly no restrictions. This obviously makes sense that it would do that, but without this option of deleting children, you are forced to first lock down the parent of the page you're deleting. Then individually delete each of the pages one by one, then go back and remove the restrictions on the parent.
Hopefully you notice this has occurred, or otherwise you may suddenly have a bunch of pages you wanted to be restricted, not being restricted.
Yes @Sam Babic
Totally unhelpful lack of feature!
The only work around I can see which is just as annoying is
👎
Is Atlassian serious about this? I can't believe that this is a workaround for a basic feature that works on Confluence Server. We are currently looking into migrating to Confluence Cloud (because we are forced to do this). This is not a workaround for many of my colleagues some don't have the permission to create a new space.
Are any efforts made on the part of Confluence that this problem will be solved??
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.