Private repositories are great feature but I'm not sure if it will work well in our company. Is it possible to disable creating private repositories? I don't see any option for that in admin panel. Can it be disabled from plugin or by setting some option directly in configuration file?
Hi,
You can disable forking altogether by adding 'feature.forks=false' into your stash-config.properties file. That includes private repositories, but also means you can't fork to other projects. Is that what you had in mind?
Cheers,
Charles
Thank you for you answer but I meant something different. I would like to completely disable creating private repositories by users. If you open you profile by clicking your avatar in top right corner and then "View profile" you will see your profile page.
There will be "You don't have any personal repositories" message and "Create your first repository" button. I'd like to disable that button so no one can create his/her own repositories.
Btw, is there a list of all configuration options you can set in stash-config.properties? In documentation there are only options for setting database connection.
Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. I'm afraid the answer then is that we don't currently have a setting for that. Your best bet would be to raise a feature request so we can track interest from votes/comments.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH
We don't really have documentation for all our settings, some of which we don't necessarily want to encourage people to change. I will check to see if some of them, like disabling forks, could be documented better on that settings page.
That would be great to have those options documented:)
We've got an internal bug tracking that more of those properties need to be publically documentated - hopefully that will happen soon.
Since Stash 2.12.0 you can disable creation of private Repositories GLOBALLY.
To configure it, set <tt></tt>
feature.personal.repos=false
in stash-config.properties.
See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3850
Sadly it does not fit our need to enable it for certain users.
If you need more fine-grained control over repository creation, you can create a small plugin that listens for the RepositoryCreationRequestedEvent. In the listener, you can perform your checks and cancel the repository creation.
is this answer valid forĀ Bitbucket 4.6.2 version as well? ofcourse the properties file name is different.
is the property value Valid?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.