There is a task, there are several different subtasks in it, some of them need to be cloned when their (subtasks) status changes. How do I do this?
I found a solutionIn the "Then" item "Clone task" in the "Parent" field, write {{subtask}}
Hi @AkLike,
You can definitely automate this sort of thing in Jira using automation rules!
Project settings > Automation
You'll essentially want to set up a rule that triggers when a subtask's status changes to a specific status, and the action to clone the subtask.
For more detailed instructions and configuration options, check out Atlassian's automation documentation: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/automation/overview#what-is-automation
Hope this helps!
It turns out that I configured that when the task status changes, the task should be cloned, with the same parent, etc., but it does not work
Hi @AkLike
It sounds like you might be running into some confusion with how Jira handles Tasks and Sub-tasks within automation.
To make sure we're on the same page, could you clarify a few things?
A screenshot of your current automation rule configuration would also be super helpful in troubleshooting this!
Try to explain it again. There is a task, it has subtasks. I need to transfer the status of a Subtask to, say, "In progress", and under this condition, the subtask for which I changed the status should be cloned there, with the same parameters and data. By changing only the task type field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.