In Confluence 3.5.3 Documentation Theme the footer of content pages is stuck at the bottom of the window (doesn't scroll).
Screen real estate is valuable, so I'd like to unstick it so it's at the bottom of the page but not bottom of the window.
I've inspected with Firebug and I think the stickiness comes from .../download/resources/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.doctheme:documentation/default-theme.css (line 257):
#footer {bottom: 0; position: absolute;
But the same CSS applies to other pages (eg Administration, People Directory...) where the footer is not stuck.
- - I've tried a fix by Menno Bieringa: Admin>Stylesheets>Edit the custom CSS
#footer{position:relative}
It has no effect, probably because the custom global stylesheet will not be applied to spaces that define their own custom stylesheet or are using a theme.
- I've tried adding this to Custom HTML> At end of the HEAD:
<style type="text/css">#footer{position:relative}</style>
Looking with Firebug, I see it is applied and overrides absolute. But the footer is still stuck :-(
I'm confused, can anyone help?
Cross-references: