HiWe've recently purchased the Service Desk plugin. We would like to amend the email Templates that come with Service Desk. For example the confirmation email that is sent to the reporter when an issue is raised on the Customer Portal.Is this possible ?ThanksSam
Hello Sam,
Kindly look to this documentation, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Content.
Furthermore, I came across to JRA-7266. I would suggest that you do the following on the tickets:
* Vote, so that it will receive more attention
* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates
* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter
Hope it helps.
Regards,
Monique
Yes, I read this documentation before and amended the normal JIRA email templates previously. However the Service Desk emails don't appear to be in the same directory. The Service Desk email templates seem to be hidden away some where.
Service desk emails use a different system that uses templates that are built into the plug-in and not editable (afaict).
At this stage it is not possible to customize mail templates for Service Desk. A request has been logged here to add such functionality.
Just been diggiing on this issue most of the day.
I just cannot believe that once can market a helpdesk system where you cannot actually customize end user notification.
So frustrating...
Am hoping Enterprise Mail Handler for JIRA will be able to fill in the gaps..
We have managed to do that. We have made script for ourselves that it allows us to customize all out going emails.
It's more like a workaround for this problem but it helped us.
You just need to edit templates in JAR file.
Please write path to templates in jar file
Can someone please share the location of the templates in the JAR file? I'm not finding it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.