Hello Community peeps!
I'm starting a new bi-weekly series of articles where I'll be sharing both common and out-of-the-box use cases found in the Atlassian ecosystem. This is the first of many, and I'm really looking forward to sharing more with you!
Today, let's dive into an intriguing business solution that combines Service Desk and Jira users—a challenge that many Atlassian admins might relate to. No beating around the bush, let's get right into it.
In a recent project, we faced a unique requirement involving Single Sign-On (SSO) and redirection rules for Jira. The setup included two URLs: a base URL and an alias. Here's what we tackled:
To solve this, we customized our JIRA OAuth SSO app. This version lets you configure a Custom Base URL and set specific redirection rules for the Service Desk based on this custom URL.
Implementation was seamless: users accessing URL1 were redirected to IDP1 (e.g., Okta), while those on URL2 went to IDP2 (e.g., Azure AD). This setup ensured a smooth user experience while maintaining security.
So, that’s one of the business use cases! If you find this business challenge interesting or relevant, please like the article and feel free to comment with any questions. I'm here to answer!
Stay tuned for the next one🚀