Now I'm using 5.x jira version and running some plugin that uses SOAP API. In future, if I want to upgrade JIRA from 5.x to 7.0.Will plugin(which uses SOAP) supported by JIRA 7.0?
No. Last time I read about it, the plan was to drop SOAP in version 7 of Jira.
It's there in 6, and there's nothing to stop you finding/writing your own plugin to provide a SOAP interface in Jira 7, but Atlassian won't be bundling it any more, or supporting it.
This would be a good time to convert your plugin to REST.
thanks for quick reply Nic Brough.
If I upgrade jira 5.x to 7.0, Will plugin(which uses SOAP API) works in jira 7.0??
Or Will it need anything to be changed?
My answer already answers those questions (But, no, it won't work and yes, you'll need to change something)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.