The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is under maintenance to get the latest version of Confluence.I need to perform this upgrade on Monday December 28th.We are currently running Confluence 3.5.9.As I understand it, I need to upgrade to 5.0.3 and then to 5.9.I have two questions:
Thank you.
I was not able to find a plugin called Bob Swift Wiki ML on the Marketplace but here are the download links:
5.9.2
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download/
5.0.3
https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives/
Hope that helps us get started.
The simple answers are:
However. Doing this upgrade on the 28th is a joke, right? I'm sorry, that can be taken as insulting, but I do mean it light-heartedly. I suspect you've been asked to do this and it's not your field of expertise. This is not a simple upgrade unless you have a really small system with low complexity (and in the cases of a small-ish system, a better option might be to skip upgrading and just install a new system and import everything).If you have more than a handful of spaces with few spaces, you probably won't be able to test this upgrade in 5 days, let alone be ready to implement it. I'm not sure 5 days is enough time to tell your users about all the changes they'll have to understand, let alone do it.Could you give us an idea of how large your installation is? And what add-ons you have (and are using)?
Regards
Chander Inguva
In addition to the answers provided by @Ann Worley, @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] and @Chander Inguva I would add the following.
You should check the compatibility of your addons. Follow the instructions on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Checking+add-on+compatibility+with+application+updates
We have about 30 users. It's not very customized although I can't speak to the exact level. We tested an eval version of 5.8.
Ok, so if you tested an eval version, you already know where to download it. Have you completed the testing of that and proved it all works? If your upgrade test went fine, then you should follow the same process to upgrade production - go to 3.5.17, then whatever other versions you went through.
Ah, and yes, upgrade to 5.8. If you want to go to 5.9, you need to test that path properly before doing it.
I am ready to begin testing.Can someone please point me in the direction of Confluence 3.5.17?I see lots of links to the release notes but not any actual download links.
Thank you for the quick response.Will I be able to generate a license key for the incremental versions?
Same key should work for 3 through to 6 if memory serves.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.