So far, our experience with the Sharepoint Connector for Confluence is a hit or miss. Within a same site, I am able to pull one list, but I am not able to pull another. I am wondering, are there any do's and don'ts when it comes to picking the lists that needs to be pulled in to Confluence?
Currently, I have a situation where a list from one site is pulled in correctly, but when I try to pull a list with the same name from another site, the macro displays the error:
In Confluence 3.5.7: sp-list: Unable to retrieve list <list name>
In Confluence 4.1: Error rendering macro {sp-list}: Unable to retrieve list <list name>
The logs show the error:
In Confluence 3.5.7:
2012-01-23 11:53:25,253 ERROR [http-8080-16] [extra.sharepoint.macros.SharePointListMacroRenderer] getColumns Unable to retrieve list <list name>
-- url: /confluence/pages/rendercontent.action | userName: QuadrosL | referer: <referring URL> | action: rendercontent
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: Error reading XMLStreamReader.
In Confluence 4.1:
2012-01-23 11:25:53,034 ERROR [http-8080-5] [extra.sharepoint.macros.SharePointListMacroRenderer] getColumns Unable to retrieve list <list name>
-- url: /confluencetest/rest/tinymce/1/macro/preview | userName: <username>| referer: <referring URL> java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapFault: Error reading XMLStreamReader.