I want to tweak the output created by the "Attachments" macro that is shipped with Confluence, such as to remove/retitle columns etc. Is there any way to copy it and edit it as a new User Macro?
Hi Toby,
If you'd like to customize the attachments macro, you should download, extract, then customize the confluence attachments add-on. You can download the add-on here:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.extra.attachments
Once you have the jar file, you can customize it after extracting the files. If you are unsure of how to extract the files follow these instructions:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+Edit+Files+in+Confluence+JAR+Files
Hope this helps!
Ryan, many thanks. I'm looking inside the JAR file now. Just one minor clarification - is the Java source for the .class files in the macro provided by Atlassian or only the compiled .class files? Without the Java source, it looks like I can customize the .vm and therefore most of the UI presentation, but not the actual engine pulling the attachments back.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.