im looking for some details on how i can migrate conlfuence DC from centos 7 server to rocky linux 8. I installed the same version as old server cooied data and installation directoy but having dattabase issues as they were not mentioned in the with a lot of steps in their documentation. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi.
The basic steps in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-confluence-between-servers-184150.html should cover most of steps required to move your Confluence from 1 server to another.
1. As part of the migration, are you also moving your Confluence's database?
2. What kind of database problem are you facing? If you see specific error from the log, you may share it here as well after removing any sensitive data.
Yes, im also moving the database.
well, i copied the data folder and installation over to tye new server thinking data folder would contain postgresql schemas and what not. When I start the confluence, i get that the connection to the localhost Db was not successful.
in the new server I only imstalled postgresql 10 package and copied pg_hba.conf file from the old server.
What you have copied earlier was just the database configuration file. To migrate the database to the new server, you may use the "Method two – for installations with a large volume of attachments" instruction in the documentation below:
Regards,
Vicknesh [ServiceRocket]
I have already folowed step 1 and dumped the db to the new server. I am running into this issue now:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Migrating-confluence-server/qaq-p/2767248#M319033And I cant seem to access the test confluence server over https. Please assist
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.