My apologies. I'm new here and messed this up by not slowing down and watching what I was doing.
I'm setting up JIRA Software, Service Desk, and Confluence and wanted to know if a separate database was needed for Confluence or if all products could utilize the same SQL database.
Thanks for the help.
Yes.Although you've not really said separate from what.
Ah, no problem. Yes, they do need separate databases. Although you can run these on the same database server.
For example, run one instance of PostGreSQL, but use createdb to make jiradb, and confdb separately within it.
Thank you Nic. I've asked our DBA to setup 2 DBs. 1 for JIRA Software and Service Desk and 1 for Confluence. Any idea about how the Portfolio DB is setup? What about add-ons like Tempo Timesheets? Will these product also use the "JIRA" database? The documentation makes me believe there is just 1 DB for JIRA Software, SD, Portfolio, and associated add-ons.
Service Desk is an application for JIRA, so it lives inside the JIRA database. Portfolio, Tempo, and almost all the other add-ons are the same - they add to JIRA and use its database. You've understood the docs perfectly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.