I'm trying to make a custom script validator to cause about 10 fields to be required based on the input of 1 field, so I started off messing around with making a loop to issue errors to all these fields, but over time I started to get suspicious because no matter what I wrote, the transition would go through just fine and the log says there was no errors.
So what I did was just make a simple input validation script to test.
if (issue.getCustomFieldValue(signatureNeeded) == "Yes){
throw new InavlidInputException("Signature Needed", "Signature Needed is required")
} I went in the issue, set the value to Yes, and sent it to Peer Review and it still went through. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, or if it's just broken, and I really don't want to have to make a bunch of simple script validators to set requirement.
And before you ask, I know I can use behaviors, but currently my tasking is to re-create an already existing system before I go and overhaul it, and the current setup is that depending on Signature Needed is Yes or No, a bunch of other fields are required on transition... I know there is a ton of stuff wrong that can be improved upon but they want it exactly the same...