My main interest in confluence is to create/organize/share/store technical documentation.
- I really wanted to use the ondemand option but the more I read the more I think I will want the Download option, with that in mind what sort of internal IT assistance am I going to need to get storage up an running for the download version? After reading a lot of Atlassian documentation I'm still left confused as to what exactly I'm getting on the download version and what will be left for me to figure out??
- Is there any way in Confluence to update many documents at once? For example, let's say I have the file directory <c:\program files\...> on many documents and that directory changes, how can I change that directory on 20 documents without going into each one. I know about the 'snippets' but that doesn't seem like a very elegant solution for every name, directory, email that may change in many different documents.
- What is everyone's opinion on confluence strictly for documentation creation/storage?
Thanks so much.