Read the Title please
Hey there,
I don't believe you can remove the @ sign from this functionality since that's how the plugin is activated.
You might be able to do it by modifying the plugin code, maybe. This plugin is located under <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins and it's called confluence-mentions-plugin-1.9.12.jar or similar to this, depending on the version.
Eduardo
Cited from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Mentions:
"The functionality is provided by a plugin called the 'Confluence Mentions Plugin'. If you need to remove the user mention functionality from your site, you can disable the plugin. See Disabling or Enabling a Plugin."
I don't want to remove the mention functionality compleatly, just the @-sign. So instead of @surname lastname, just surname lastname. Is that possible?
It's very different from how mentions work now. Basically you would have to continuously parse all the text looking for usernames. Using an @ char tells Confluence to start doing this. I know Facebook does it when you type someone's name though.
I got that but if you type @ in the Editor and choosse somebody it appears like that: surname lastname. And if you after editing press the Save button and then it appears on the page like @surname lastname. Now I want to remove the @ on the page.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.