Can I upload multiple plugins (add-ons) in a batch, or do I need to upload and install each one separately.
Hi there,
Please bear in mind that you can't do the same thing like JIRA as Confluence stores their plugins inside PLUGINDATA table in Confluence database. If you would like to upload the plugins, you could download them in batch and upload the jar or zip file one by one. For more information please refer to the following documentation.* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons
Hope this helps
Yes, you can do it by manually copying the plugin(s) to your plugins/installed-plugins/ directory.
Have a look at this link for details
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Managing+JIRA's+Plugins
Rahul
Well, not quite what I was looking for since I need to stop/restart Confluence. Also, I have to do the installation checks manually. And it broke some of the links/labels...
Yes, I am aware that I can install them one by one. Downloading them in batch is not the problem.
That is why I am asking how to upload and install them in batch.
But I gather that it is not possible.
so, the answer is no?!
Is there a feature request we can vote on?!
You can upload in bulk using this shell script which needs to be run in CONFLUENCE server.
#!/bin/bash# Put plugin names in plugins.txt in same folder from where you execute this script
function get_tocken() {token=$(curl -sI "$url?os_authType=basic" | grep upm-token | cut -d: -f2- | tr -d '[[:space:]]')}
function upload_plugins() {for i in `cat plugins.txt`doecho -e "\n$i"get_tockenecho -e "\n$token"curl -XPOST "$url?token=$token" -F plugin=@$iif [ $? -eq 0 ]; thenecho -e "\n$i is uploaded successfully"elseecho -e "\n$i upload failed"fidone}
url="USERNAME:PASSWORD@localhost:PORT/rest/plugins/1.0/"upload_plugins
Follow below steps:-----------------------1. Copy all plugins to any directory in the server. Consider: /tmp as example2. Create a file plugins.txt which should contain the full path to the jar/obr file./tmp/PluginFileName1.jar/tmp/PluginFileName1.jar3. create above script in the /tmp folder.4. Grant appropriate permissions to all related files and folders5. Run the script.Output will be like this.
hello,
i'v tried your script with a bulk of over 20 apps it only uploads the last plugin in jira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.