I'm totally new to JIRA and Groovy too. I'm looking for a script which can fetch the Group from a custom filed and add to watchers list. Can someone help me with that?
Hi Nic,
Thanks for the information. Yes, your suggestion will be goog enough for me. Thank you!
You can't.
A group is a group, a watcher is a user. The two objects are incompatible.
The best you can do is get the group, iterate through all the members to get the individual users and add each individual as a watcher - will that be good enough?
Nic,
Will you be able to help me with the code?
Have a look at the script-runner documentation really, as I'd encourage you to learn for yourself (and I've not written anything similar yet)
However, I'd think you'll need something like
import
com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers
def
watcherManager = componentManager.getWatcherManager()
for
(user in listUsers) {
watcherManager.startWatching(user issue.getGenericValue())
}
To expand and help a bit on Nic's answer here is another question that has an answer from @Michal Orzechowski that I found helpful as well. I didn't creat anything yet but I hopefully will. If I get smothing that works Ill post it here as well.
The other Answers questions that has some good dev links in it to specifics.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.