I started a Jira reindex and it's running a long time (4 hours, 50% done). Is there a way to cancel it so I can restart it over the weekend? I assume leaving the admin panel does not do this.
Stop the Jira application server. This will leave you with a broken index, and when you restart it, it will start again from the beginning.
I'd leave it if I were you.
Thanks for the answer. Yeah, guess I just have to leave it run then.
Probably another good reason to consider upgrade.. we're at 4.4 500 user
By the way, we're trying to move it from internal servers to Amazon Web Services (AWS) -- a little worried about the Index speed on EBS.
I know it's little comfort, but I think the indexing progress bar is a little "Microsoft" and not that representative of how far it's really got through it in terms of real time. Last time I did a large installation (2 hours), it crawled through the first 60%, blitzed another 30% and then had a nap between 90% and 92%.
Also, Jira 5.2 and above allows background re-indexing - takes longer, but won't bin your users!
You can stop it any time by stopping JIRA. But before you start JIRA again,
Delete the following directory. If will eliminate the broken index.
<jirahome>/caches
Check available disk space. If no space left, re-indexing freezes at that point and perhaps that might be the root cause.
After starting JIRA, do a full re-index.
In Jira 6.1.7,
as an administrator you can click "Admin Menu/System" then on the left find "Advanced/Indexing"
Click "Cancel Indexing".
Sometimes Cancel Indexing did not stop... We had a trouble with a calculated field, a formulae was badly finishes (with a plus symbol) and it doesn't finished.
We stop Jira, startup.sh again. Kill'd process and startup.sh again clean. Then we found field formulae error. We chang'd it right and reindex finally fine
How can we know what field is causing the problem?
My Reindexing progress kept staying at 0% regardless of how long it passed.
Killed it and performed, checking integrity, fixing the integrity issues found and reindexed again. Same thing happened.
Any advice?
Thanks
When index no have this option.
Correct, that answer was incorrect, there is no option to stop a full index run. You have to stop Jira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.