Since Twitter changed the REST API the widget connector in Confluence does not work for Twitter. Are there any efforts going on to solve the problem? Are there any workarounds?
Hi Andreas,I actually recently reported a bug for this and I believe our developers are working on it, although I cannot give you an ETA for a fix at this time: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-29639It seems Twitter have shut down their v1 API and this is impacting the Widget Connector, although unfortunately at this time we don't have a workaround because it needs to be fixed in the Widget Connector. However, I would strongly recommend that you watch/vote/comment on the ticket to stay updated with progress and to encourage our developers to prioritise a fix for this issue.
All the best,John
Hi Andreas,
In addition to what John has mentioned:
We have implemented a workaround for now. If you're using version 2.1.6 of the plugin or newer, you can use Twitter widgets instead.
Please note version 2.1.6 may not be available for OnDemand users yet.
Hi @David Chui [Atlassian] - Any ETA for when version 2.1.6 will be available for OnDemand users? The Twitter feed is still not working.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.