Hi everyone,
I am using Table Transformer v11.3.1
I try hard to dynamically refresh a calculation table T1 from a filtered table T2.
Sounds a bit tricky but let me explain...
To simplify the description of the use case, I used simple tables which are 2 distinct CSV files in real life.
Steps:
- Add a Table transformer for T1 to select Transpose result table in settings
- Add an Table Excerpt for T2 named tableT2
- Add a second Table transformer that surrounds the whole. Create a dynamic column called 'Used' to renders the sums of A, B and C from T2.
SQL: note that T1 is transposed in the first Table transformer!
SELECT T1.'Totals', T1.'Init.' AS 'Initial',
CASE
WHEN T1.'Totals' = "A" THEN (SELECT SUM(T2.'A') FROM T2)
WHEN T1.'Totals' = "B" THEN (SELECT SUM(T2.'B') FROM T2)
WHEN T1.'Totals' = "C" THEN (SELECT SUM(T2.'C') FROM T2)
ELSE NULL
END AS 'Used'
FROM T1
- Add a Table Excerpt Include that points to tableT2
- Finally add a Table filter to display both the tables and create filters for Product and Category
Structure:

Now, the issue!
If I want to display the Table Excerpt Include content, I select 'Show a copy...'

And when I filter on Category for example, only T2 is filtered, the calculation is not processed in T1 

If I untick 'Show a copy...', then 1. I miss the view of that T2 table, 2. the calculation in T1 is processed!!! but it's impossible to remove the filtered value unless you reset the filters.

I must be doing something wrong, but I just can't figure it out.
Really struggling to get this working.
I hope someone has a solution 