
I am researching the kanban board feature in Jira, I intend to create a plugin that can modify the Jira kanban board. I use the Atlassian Plugin SDK with atlas version 8.2.10, AMPS Version 8.14.3, Apache Maven Version 3.9.5, and Jira version 8.20.0.
I experienced problems with not being able to find the kanban board when running the Jira application on localhost. I tried looking for answers in the community and found that when creating a project, the project type must be "Software" while the default option in my Jira Localhost is "Business". I have followed all the steps up to selecting the project type. I only have the Business option on Jira localhost and there is no Software type, I attach the related screenshot. Is there any suggestion on how I can get the Software options on this Jira Localhost type project or is there a way how I can modify the Kanban Board in Jira?