Hi ,
I want to export a Jira view page to Excel file.
This page is basically a view page from project tab panel plugin i have made. And on clicking a button in the , the entire view page content will be export to a downloadable excel file.
Hi,I think that you can develop an issue-view plugin or an issue operation plugin using a template file velocity (.vm). Or if you have a complicated export you can use an external library.In our company, we have have developped an export word file plugin as an issue operation plugin using an external library xdocreport.
@zezeto: this page is present in the project panel page under browse project section
There's a basic "export to Word" already built into Jira, and the issue navigator has "export to Excel" in it too.
For a quick answer, with no coding, you could simply run a filter for "Key = ABC-123" which will give you a single line in the issue navigator. Click "export to excel", and you'll get a spreadsheet file out.
I suspect you could re-use some of Jira's API to do the formatting the built-in export is doing, or maybe some of the code.
But... I'd question the use for this - is it really worth having an Excel export of a single issue? What's the use case? The usual use for a spreadsheet is for lots of lines of data, not just one line, and the issue navigator already supports that.
@Nic: Please read my question again , i m not talking about any issue navigator
cant understand below statement with my context.
"But... I'd question the use for this - is it really worth having an Excel export of a single issue? What's the use case? The usual use for a spreadsheet is for lots of lines of data, not just one line, and the issue navigator already supports that."
I have read the question. You appear to want to export a single issue to Excel.
I'm questioning the usefulness of this because I cannot imagine any use for it (I don't have a good imagination, so I'm curious to learn). I can see lots of use for a spreadsheet containing many lines of issues, which is what the issue navigator has already. I guess my question really is "why are you trying to export a single issue into a format that is explicitly designed to handle masses of data"
I've also pointed out that there is a way to export to excel without you needing to do any code, it's just not on the issue view. You could actually construct a url that would do it without any coding as well.
Also Jira already probably has a lot of the code in it you might be able to reuse, but we can't really point you at that unless we know roughly what the output you are aiming for is. (Which leads us back to "you really want to export one single line?")
@dipti: Well, why don't you try to explain your "context" better then? It's not really clear from your question exactly what you want to export.
It's only natural that people will think that you want to export issues if you don't say otherwise...
Hi,
I have recently used the jxls API, look this link it can help you jXLS,
It's a good api that use a template to populate the file.
Have a look at the Better Excel Plugin. It was built to provide customizable Excel exports for any sort of JIRA data.
Unless you have very specific needs, or you want to re-implement a similar feature in your plugin, the Better Excel Plugin can be a major time-saver.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.