Where are the instructions for installing the plug-in used to edit Confluence source? I can download the plug-in, but what do I do now?
Thank you. I accept your answer.
You haven't really pointed us at which plugin you're talking about. I'd assume that the plugin documentation contains instructions, unless they're the most simple case: "install via universal plugin manager and it works.
I'm referring to the Confluence Source Editor. I don't see any instructions for this on the site where you get it or on any site that it links to. When you download it, you just get a .jar file. Do you use instructions like the following, not provided by Confluence, for installing any program in a .jar file? http://www.ehow.com/how_5026014_install-jar-file.html.
What? Eh? Why are you picking random pages off the internet instead of reading the application documentation? Have you not even looked for "plugin" in the Confluence documentation?
I have looked at the Confluence documentation. I did not just pick a random page off the internet.
It's been a while since I've had time to continue evaluating Confluence. I can't find the Install button that I referred to in my previous post. I don't see the Confluence Source Editor on the page that lists user-installed plug-ins: https://liquent.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm.
I see the "plug-in exchange" page containing the Confuence Source Editor: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor;jsessionid=11do7idegrnmnf0i4sylpd47q. After I download the .jar file from this page, what do I do?
Hi,
Please allow me to step in to help on this case.
For instructions in how to install plugins into a Standalone Confluence please refer to this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Installing+a+Plugin
In case you have an OnDemand Confluence I'm afraid that it is not possible to install plugin on it due to the OnDemand Plugin Policy: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy
If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know.
Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.