I tried to follow this guide:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache+using+SSL#IntegratingJIRAwithApacheusingSSL-Troubleshooting
Everything seems to work....until I need to become an administrator.Then the hostname part of the url string seems to get lost.
Finaly found the right server setup:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Server port="8010" shutdown="SHUTDOWN"> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngine="on" /> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" /> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />
<Service name="Catalina"> <Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" scheme="https" proxyName="jira.server.net" proxyPort="443" />
<Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8081" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" />
<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost"> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" path="" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true"> <Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction" factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60" /> <Manager pathname="" /> </Context> </Host> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" resolveHosts="false" pattern="%a %{jira.request.id}r %{jira.request.username}r %t "%m %U%q %H" %s %b %D "%{Referer}i" "%{User-Agent}i" "%{jira.request.assession.id}r"" />
</Engine> </Service></Server>
I can now proyx through apache httpd with ssl enable at the httpd server.
Hi Johannes, have you set the mod_rewrite to redirect http to https? If so, I've seems a number of cases where this configuration caused problems.
You may be interested to know that you can also set the redirection with only the paramenters scheme, proxyName & proxyPort in you server.xml file.
scheme
proxyName
proxyPort
I hope it helps.
Cheers
In your Server.xml file you have set the path incorrectly.
<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" path="/" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
This should be path="" rather than path="/".
path=""
path="/"
More details on this can be found here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Administrator+Access+is+Incorrectly+Redirecting].
I hope this resolves the problem here.
I have:
<VirtualHost _default_:80> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}<br< a="">> </VirtualHost>
And my vhost to proxy to jira:
<VirtualHost _default_:443> SSLEngine on Protocol https ServerName ea-test-jira.itcm.oneadr.net:443 SSLCertificateFile "${SRVROOT}/conf/ssl/itcm.oneadr.net/server.cer" SSLCertificateKeyFile "${SRVROOT}/conf/ssl/itcm.oneadr.net/server.key" SSLProxyEngine On ProxyRequests Off ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8081/ ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8081/ </virtualhost>
I have been fiddeling back and forth and right now I have tried taking Apache out of the equation.
If I follow this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache#IntegratingJIRAwithApache-Step1:ConfigureTomcat
Accessing Jira on port 8081 works, but accessing Jira on 8080 makes the dashboard unhappy (same as if apache was in front).
So, according to step 6. accessing Jira on 8080 should make it redirect, but this dos not seem to be the case.
Any idea why this is?
This is my connectore settings:
<Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" proxyName="ea-test-jira.itcm.oneadr.net" proxyPort="80"/> <Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8081" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>
Any help appriciated....
Hi Johannes, since you have the proxyName and proxyPort in the connect with port 8080, I believe the redirection in your proxy settings should be this:
ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/
Updating to this setting:
<VirtualHost _default_:443> SSLEngine on Protocol https ServerName ea-test-jira.itcm.oneadr.net:443 SSLCertificateFile "${SRVROOT}/conf/ssl/itcm.oneadr.net/server.cer" SSLCertificateKeyFile "${SRVROOT}/conf/ssl/itcm.oneadr.net/server.key" SSLProxyEngine On ProxyRequests Off ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8080/ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8080/</virtualhost>
did not change anything....unfortunally. Any other suggestions? And thanks for your help by the way...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.