Our overall end goal is to create decent looking project status pages in Confluence, including data from Confluence and JIRA. The former is internal-only and allows guest access; the latter is more public and locked down.
What I'm trying to specifically figure out is conditional formatting of data. Let's say that through a SQL query, we calculate a value that corresponds to a status. When displayed, that status field should then be styled visually based on its value (with colors, images, lozenges, etc.).
Some of the values will come directly from JIRA; some will be custom calculations for each status page. As an example, the simplest custom display would be the stoplight format (red, yellow, green).
I know that I can write a plugin to do this, but it seems to me that this is something that Confluence can already do, and I'm just not aware of it.
tl;dr: I want to get data from outside of confluence, change the way it's displayed based on various criteria, and have it be dynamic