I created a test JIRA (5.0.2) environment and imported our production system (4.1.2) backup. I added the new server to the old Crowd server (2.0.7) as a new application, updated my setenv.sh to show the correct SSL keystores, added the osuser.xml file, and updated the licenses to work with the newer version of JIRA. I've also updated the seraph-config.xml to use SSO and added the crowd.properties file and updated it to reflect the information provided when the new server was added to Crowd as an application link. Everything seems to start up fine, but when I try to log in none of the logins that I see in the database are working. I tried to use JIRA's sign up option to see if I could create an account, but then I get the following error:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service: https://servername.domain:8443/crowd/rest/usermanagement/1/user
This Crowd server is still working with my current production system, so I know it's setup correctly.