I am confused. While researching the latest features of Jira Service Management, I noticed that it has the same features as Opsgenie.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/start-shifting-from-opsgenie-to-jira-service-management/
From reading the above link, I understand that Atlassian recommends migrating to Jira SM. What I want to know is the future of Opsgenie. Will Opsgenie continue , or will it be discontinued and only Jira SM will be available? Depending on this, I need to urgently plan for the migration to Jira SM.
Let me know if you need any further assistance!
Hi @ryusei arai,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
I haven't seen a public statement yet from Atlassian regarding Opsgenie, but based on the KB you linked above and what I have seen from the roadmap for JSM everything indicate that Opsgenie will be integrated into JSM and not offered as a standalone application. This is just my educated guess and not an official confirmation.
Thank you for your response. I appreciate you letting me know that there is no official statement yet. Just to be safe, I plan to prepare for the migration to Jira SM with ample time.”
Follow-up question in this vein - is there a future for Opsgenie? I have a use case that fits the Opsgenie features but I'm concerned that there is little to no training on the University site for Opsgenie and it's not straight-forward to set it up. There is one course on Opsgenie for Mobile but it assumes Opsgenie understanding. Are they fading it out?
I don't want to invest time in learning and setting it up if it's going to be discontinued.
@Dan Knapton I do not think it will go away, but I do think that it will be rolled into JSM instead of its own product.
Thanks Mikael. Do you think it is being rebranded as ITSM? I still find no training for "Opsgenie" but when I search for it I find only training for ITSM.
Hi, @Dan Knapton. My understanding is similar to @Mikael Sandberg's.
There will be a standalone Opsgenie product for organizations not owning Jira Service Management.
However, organizations that own JSM will be required to subscribe to the integrated JSM/OG solution (eventually).AFAIK the products will be branded "Opsgenie" and "Jira Service Management."
The Atlassian Community Events chapter called 'ITSM/ESM Masters' is planning a virtual/online event on this very topic and one of the panelists will be an Atlassian who's a subject matter expert on this topic.Save the date: Thursday, January 16th, 12:00 EST
Hope this helps,
-dave
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.