This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to set default value for Summary Field in JIRA
can I set a different default value for different issue types?
Yes you can. One of the ways is to customize pre-filled summary through edit of velocity templates
I think you can, at custom field context you can create a new context for each issuetype and add a default value for each of them. Give it a try,
See this link for more details
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-a-custom-field-861253383.html
Rahul
Thanks Rahul-
But I was referring to the "summary" field- could not find the answer in the link you sent
any other ideas?
There is a lot of discussion around this topic. See this link
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4812
Also some workarounds suggested with some plugins. Please see comments sections.
thanks!
I use Workflow Essentials for JIRA(https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214892/workflow-essentials-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview&_ga=2.186532588.452276905.1553015791-548216539.1535721768), its easy and simple to use.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.