Since migrating to 6.0.1, we see this error preventing users from editing pages seemingly randomly.
confluence-edit-bug.png
I was told this is a known bug in 6.0.1, so my question is will this be fixed in 6.0.2 and how long until 6.0.2 is released? Also, is there a workaround for it in 6.0.1?
See the https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43893571. The workaround can be simple, if you are not using https otherwise you need to proxy your instance.
We're not currently using https, so is the issue a firewall issue (base on the post you linked)? And if we were using SSL, how would that differ?
So yes the issue is connected to your firewall. If you used ssl, read the https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43893571 (links to a comment). You will have to place an nginx/apache in front of confluence and proxy all requests
Daniel, Panos: I'm running Confluence 6.0.1 on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM w/o https and have the same problem (internal use only). I added an inbound firewall rule to Windows Firewall for 8091 and the editor still does not load for me. Only option is for me to disable Collaborative Editing so the editor will work. Was there something else I need to open up?
Hi I just changed one system property and it worked for me.
In file <Confluence home>\confluence.cfg.xml I changed synchrony.proxy.enabled property to false
Documentation
not yet. I've just upgraded confluence from 5.10 to 6.0.2. AND... have discovered this inconvenient bug.
Are there plans to fix it in 6.0.3 ?
this way not works for me
This worked for me. I'm running v6.0.3. Thanks Roman.
This worked for me. v6.03. Roman U rock!
just encountered this today, if you are using a forward proxy for confluence this is not the solution. you just need to add ung ff to the <confluence-install>/conf/server.xml
-> under <Connector>
-> prorxyName="dns for the forward proxy" proxyPort="443" scheme="https" secure="true"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.