I tried installing JIRA now for the 20th or something time and it won't work for me.
All I get is a java.lang.outOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread.
I do know that there is documentation on this error available online but none of the fixes worked for me.
Setting the JRE memory limit to 2GB? Didn't work. Increase the number of allowed threads via ulimit? Didn't work. Installing via automated setup by Atlassian? Didn't work.
It can't really have anything to do with my memory since JIRA tells me this:
```
2015-03-22 17:06:10,915 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener] Memory Usage:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heap memory : Used: 297 MiB. Committed: 555 MiB. Max: 1353 MiB
Non-heap memory : Used: 180 MiB. Committed: 195 MiB. Max: 1264 MiB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL : Used: 477 MiB. Committed: 750 MiB. Max: 2617 MiB
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
```
Did anyone encounter the same problem?
(I would really like to use JIRA for our development team but since it took me approximately 4 hours so far and I couln't even work out what exaktly the problem is, I'm reconsidering now.)