We would like to have a quick filter that will show in Plan mode only stories that have "failed development" tasks. Is it possible?
It is possible. You need to construct a filter that returns only those stories that have tasks is state "failed development" (I assume it is a state in the workflow).
You cannot do this with the default JQL you need this plug-in from the marketplace (it is almost free): https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin
You need to do 3 things:
Thank you for response, Peter.
I guess i didnt explain it right.
"Failed task" is a subtask for a Story. Both are IssueTypes. (Failed is not a status).
In the normal workflow, we have Dev (task) and Test (task) under Story (issue). If QA does not pass their Test, they create Failed task (essentually it is a short lived Bug that is created under Story - not just licked to it.)
So I need to track only Stories that have Failed task under them (along with Dev and Test) and ignore Stories that have just Dev and Test.
Makes sense?
OK that can be done in a similar fassion:
On step 1 change the filter to be: issuetype = "Failed task"
On step 2 change the filter to be: issue in parentIssuesFromFilter("10219") and issuetype = "Story"
I get "Field 'subTaskIssueTypes' does not exist" error
Did you install this plug-in:https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin
if not you will get error as this function is deployed by the plug-in
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.