I was able to access JIRA via http://localhost:8080 until I tried to follow the steps listed in Integrating JIRA with Apache. Now I get the default page for Tomcat that says:
"It Works!
If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!
This is the default Tomcat home page. It can be found on the local filesystem at: /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/ROOT/index.html"
My goal is to expose my JIRA instance to folks outside of my firewall. I have set up a subdomain (which doesn't work but seems to be a seperate issue) to point to my JIRA address. When testing the subdomain and discovering it doesn't work I attempted to test the address that used to work prior to Tomcat setup and hit the Tomcat default page.
I'm sure its a setting in my Tomcat7 and/or Apach2 config but I can't find the switch to flip. Can someone help me out or at least point me in a direction? Thanks ahead of time, gurus!