Hi,
I am trying to create a blog webpage using zen foundation in confluence. I cannot add a menu area (like in hallowen home | try | buy | learn) to my home page. I downloaded the halloween (http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/halloween/Home) brand but the menu is not displayed. How can I add a menu to my home page and how can I configure it?Thanks
Hi Bahar,
The menus are separate from the brand, and are set up either on a site-wide basis: http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Site+Menu or on a space-by-space basis: http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Customizing+Individual+Spaces.
In a nutshell, a menu is simply a page (titled .zen.menu) and is a bullet list of links. The first level is the top menu, second-level bullets define drop-down menus, and so on. And because a menu is just a Confluence page, you can set page permissions to be as open or locked down as you like. Just make sure everyone has View privileges so they can see the menu contents.
Cheers!
Thanks Darryl Cheers
You can add submenus with indented bullets. The first indented bullets make the top row menu items. If you indent again, you create a pulldown menu. More indents for slide-off menus. So to make two menu tabs with pulldown menus, do this:
Hey, What about sub menu items?
I created my menu, but I want to add 3 sub menus to a menu item.
How can I do this?
Thanks
I tried the same thing as follow:
<a href="http://dev.obss.com.tr/confluence/display/ATLKB/JIRA" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"><span>Jira</span></a>
<a href="http://dev.obss.com.tr/confluence/display/ATLKB/Confluence" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"><span>Confluence</span></a>
But the intented ones does not appear. What am I doing wrong? :S
I copied your example, and it works hehe
That's weird.
Hi, I have more question for you
I have a space using zen theme. Under this space, there are many pages. Pages' titles are not editable.
There are no restrictions for pages or permission restrictions for the space or users.
How can I make the titles editable?
Nice work!
Hi Darryl,
I want to add a footer to my theme like in atlassian blog page.
http://blogs.atlassian.com/
How can I do this in a zen theme in a confluence page?
Thanks for answers
Again I have a question In my theme, the background is dark-blue, canvas-background is white. The area between them is also white. I tried to change it. It does not work. Which area should I change in the brand designer?
You can use the Brand Designer's "Background & Header" panel, and scroll down to find the "Canvas Background" options. You can change the color or use a background image. In soon-to-be-released Zen 5.2.5, you can also add drop shadows to the canvas. :-)
Okay, sorry. The blue is the background, then the white square is what Zen calls the "canvas," and the boxes with the rounded corners and slight gradient (containing the title "Contents" and the "Reusing..." bullet point) are what we call "Zen sections." I think you might be asking about the sections . . . in which case if you hover over the section you'll see a square appear at the top right (opposite the "edit pencil" on the top left). Click that square to get the section menu, and click the "Designer" link. More details are described here: http://www.stepstonetech.com/display/help/Section+Designer
Or did I miss the point again? :-)
P.S., if you don't see the square appear, it's because that page is controlled by the Zen Master page . . . you can use the section designers on the master to make background (and other) design changes.
When I change the "Canvas background". It looks like the following:
When I tried to changed the section color to $zenWhiteColor from design menu, ıt doesn't become white totally. I can be the one missing the point
Okay, you've successfully changed the canvas to blue, and the section background appears to be "transparent". (The white strip at the top is the gradient image.) Perhaps the white color isn't set in the brand or there is a typo in the color name?
I gave you instructions for changing a single section, but should have also mentioned these are set for all sections in the brand using the brand designer's "Size, Space, and Shape" panel. The first options allow you to adjust the background for the sections. This is a better place to change the section colors, and also allows you to use the color picker to get better control over the color.
Thank you darryl.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.