I have a large number of test cases in Jira that are tagged with various labels. Many of the labels are redundant, as they are either the same word misspelled (Acceptance, Acceptence, Accepence, Aceptance, Aceptence) or a variation on another label (collector, collectors, datacollectors, data_collector). I'd like to restrict the ability to create new labels to a specific user or set of users, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
So far the best solution I've come up with is to create a set of "correct" labels and hope that people will use the auto-suggested label. This has not proved successful. Today I found that a user has been labeling test cases with the IP of the server used for testing (as opposed to the "Test Environment" field). Just to add to the fun, she used commas instead of decimal points at random: "172.17,10,1", "172,17.10,1", etc.
Does anyone have any ideas for imposing order on the situation?