Hi all. We're in the planning process of switching from Bugzilla to Jira and had a couple of questions that I hope folks may be able to answer. I've got a test instance of Jira 5.0.1 running on CentOS 5.8 and ran the Bugzilla migration wizard. No problems there. Here are my questions:
Thanks!
For (1), seems like you can just delete the projects and re-import. It'll map the Bugzilla project to a new JIRA project.
For (2), this is trickier. How many users do you have? What you'll want to do is connect to LDAP so there are duplicate users, then use bulk operations to move reporters/assignees. You'll also have to manually change permission schemes and groups. This can be a big deal depending on how many users you have, but there's really no way around it...
For the first question: If you are okay with losing some ids of the project due to the initial test migration, you can keep the existing project and do a buld delete of all the issues before the final import.
Thanks, Renjith. Yeah, losing the bug ID's is fine since it's just a test installation. So if I go this route, will I be able to map a BZ product to an existing Jira project?
Second question regarding users, I do not have a clue.
Cool. Thanks, Jeremy. For #2, we actually don't have too many users (<40 active users) so this shouldn't be too big of a deal. I figured this was how I should do it...just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better way. Thanks!
Oh yeah, after you're done, here's how to disable the bugzilla users:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-deactivateuser
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.