This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Missing option to enable JIRA Service Desk for existing project
This does not works for me, i am Admin and agent of the project but i can not see the top tab for service desk or inside the project
I think that might be an old version of JIRA that it's based on.
For JIRA 7+, Go to Admin -> Projects, find the project you need to change and edit the "type" of project (it will be Business or Software at the moment - change it to Service Desk)
Thanks for the answer,
what did you mean by an old version?
yes it worked but in converted the whole project to a Service desk and i can not manage now my team with my normal configuration of agile and workflow. how can i make a mixture of both?
i really appreciate your help!
Sorry, I edited my answer as I got an email with your comment, but it seemed to have lost the comment when I got here to comment again!
With a Service Desk / Software project, you need the project type to be Service Desk so that you can get all the functions from Service Desk layered over it. Software is a bit more flexible - once you have your SD project working, use Boards -> Create new board to create boards from the project, and you'll get all the Software functionality on top of the project for your developers. Be aware that permissions can be difficult though, as SD projects limit what non-agents can do.
Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], small question. I just want to know whether we can enable JIRA service Desk project from JIRA software project.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.