Hello, can't find any concrete answers to this. We have JIRA and Confluence running on Azure VM's (Windows Server 2012) and the DB's are running on local MySQL instance. I want to migrate to full SQL off the application servers and my DB team is recommending to use the Azure SQL Database.
Questions:
More on DTU:http://dtucalculator.azurewebsites.net/
I'm Thinking that I'll start with an S0 and ramp up from there if needed.
As far as I know, Azure SQL Database is not supported.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/supported-platforms-207488198.html
Hi Jonathan,
As far as I know Azure is relatively similar to SQL Server. It could works ( and someone says it is working correclty here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35444 )
Please check this workaround if you have problem with SSL: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-connect-to-ms-sql-server-due-to-db-server-closed-connection-296911255.html
But the real question is: if you are going to use the single database option and not the elastic one, why don't you use direct a postgresql or mysql azure based?
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/store-php-create-mysql-database/
My company has a dedicated DB team that I'm handing it off to (I don't want to be in the business of maintaining backups, disaster recovery process etc..) The problem is support for DB types is limited to what they support.
It works.
Did a test installation with Jira 7.2.2 and Azure SQL Server database V12: It went fine.So we need "only" the supported state of Atlassian. Vote for the feature here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35444
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.