I created and tracked the projects at Atlas. These projects also have the tracked Jira EPIC. We want the Atlas status automatically updated when the tracked Jira EPIC status is updated or changed. Is it possible? How can we automate this process? Automation rules? Please help!
Hi, @ivychan. You are describing the sort of thing that Atlassian Automation is designed to handle. However, it doesn't work with Atlas today. Only Jira and Confluence.
And Atlas does not have an API you can use at this time.
So, unfortunately, there's no way (that I can think of) for you to do what you describe at this time.
Sorry.
If this is important to you, you might consider adding an enhancement request for Atlas to work with Atlassian Automation.
Best,
-dave
Thanks @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_. This is a very important feature for our use case. We need to streamline the update process and minimize the manual update effort.
I added the enhancement request. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ECO-270?filter=-5
I was unsure about the component selection when I added the request. Would you please check and let me know if it is correct?
Hi, @ivychan. Unfortuntely, you created your request in the wrong project.
If you're lucky, someone on the Atlassian side might take the time to move it to the right place, but if I were you, I would try again and create it in the Atlas project.
Go to this link, then click on the Create button at the top of the page.
Hi @Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_ I created the enhancement request by clicking the "Create" button. However, I didn't see the Atlas project in the project drop-down. Would you give me the exact choices that I should select in the Projects and Components drop-down?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.