This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring an SSL Connection to Active Directory
This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring an SSL Connection to Active Directory
Hello Community,
I have a problem to connect confluence to our Microsoft AD Server with write/read option via SSL (LDAPS). Every time I try to do a quick test, after enabling the option "Use SSL" in the "Configure LDAP User Directory" Dialog with "Read/Write"-Permission, i get the following message after pressing the "Quick Test"-Button:
##############
Connection test failed. Response from the server:
ad1.domain.com:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: ad1.domain.com:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]
##############
Without the ssl-option the test passes. At the moment (without enabled ssl option) it is possible for us to login via Windows AD login credentials into confluence. But we want the ability to change the windows AD user password via confluence. So I think the ssl connection is required for this intentions.
So what is the problem? What do i have to change?
I've tried to import our ad1-Server-Cert (filename ad1.crt) on our confluence server (actual Ubuntu Linux 64-bit edition) and followed the manual Configuring an SSL Connection to Active Directory but for me it is not possible to import our ad1-Serer-Cert. After trying the command "sudo keytool -importcert -keystore ./cacerts -file ad1.crt" I'm getting the following error message "sudo: keytool: Command not found". I've copied the ad1.crt file to the following directory "/opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/lib/security".
I've installed confluence via the Linux Installer file (atlassian-confluence-5.9-10-x64.bin), I used the "Express Install"-Option.
Thank you very much!
Kind regards,
Matthias