Hello,
I've been trying to create an exact copy of our production Confluence site on another server - in order to have a test site. This document https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Migrating+Confluence+Between+Servers seems to be missing a lot of steps and no matter how hard I tried to combine the other docs talking about installing Confluence, setting up Confluence, migrating the database and what not, I can't make up the exact procedure to get the test site up and running.
I have installed and setup Confluence from scratch, I installed SQL from scratch, restored a .bak file, copied the home/install Confluence directories, updated the pointers to the right locations but with no luck. I get Java 500 errors, or Page cannot be displayed - depending on what steps I've performed.
The server OS version is identical Win 2012 R2 Std, Confluence is 5.7.1, Java is the exact same version on both...
Is there a document out there or a reference that's more detailed?
Please let me know,
D