We currently have a repository in stash that's configured to use the gitflow/release branch model (config).
Me and some colleague devs have a fork on which we do our day to day development in feature branches which are merged back into develop through a pull request which works fine!
Now we are going to release (release/1.4) and i'm kind of lost on how to proceed.
- Do I create a release branch in my personal fork?
- Do I create the release branch in the main/parent repository?
- Do other devs update the release branch with possible last minute fixes through pull requests from their peronal release branch?
- What do I do when everybody has checked the release? Do I merge the main release branch with the master branch of the same repo?
I've got a good grasp of gitflow working with the commandline but fail to see the picture with the pullrequest system in stash when working on my personal fork.