Why does Confluence allow users to edit the database feature directly on the page without entering "Edit" mode, and how can I restrict this capability? Thanks.
We're not using Confluence databases, but we are part of the live-edit EAP. I wonder if you could get around this with the live-edit page?
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-and-collaborate-on-live-edit-pages-in-confluence/
Hi Amanda, thanks for the help! I'm actually looking for where no one can live edit on the page. I know there's use of "tables", but is there anything else where users who are just viewing the page can't edit (unless they go into edit mode and publish their changes)?
Oh geez, I completely misread your question. It's been a long day! 🤦♀️
This sounds less than ideal, although it reminds me a bit of notion. I do love Confluence for the ability to publish some things and prevent editing.
From this support article: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-and-edit-databases/
You can restrict database access and editing like other Confluence content. Database permissions are managed at the space level.
See the following topic for more information on restricting content in Confluence. Add or remove content restrictions
Haaha no worries!
I don't have admin controls in a specific page I'm working on that's under "Anyone in this space can view and edit". Though a co-worker (who has the ability to restrict access to edit) and I ran a test to see if they were to restrict my access to edit the page, could I still edit the page live. Turns out I did in fact couldn't edit the page itself, BUT I could still edit the database feature with my restricted access. Which isn't the safest option for our case.
Because databases, like all Confluence features, are a toy and not production level software?
I want to use them. I really do. But I cannot configure them for my users, I cannot prevent my users from wrecking the configuration by accident, I cannot allow my users to search the data without also allowing them to completely delete records and fields and configurations by accident.
It's just a toy.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.