Hi
Does anyone else run into this problem when trying to stop JIRA using Administrative Service: I get this message hit ok and the service has stopped. Thanks Kathy
image2015-4-27 9:49:22.png
Hey Kathy,
Just in case to kill the process, Please open Task Manager, find the process ID.
As suggested by William, to remove JIRA as service.
Locate the JIRA Service name under services menu
Service_Location.PNG
Open Command Prompt
Change the directory to bin of JIRA installation using command prompt ex: If JIRA is located at C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\ 1) cd C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin 2) Run service.bat remove <Service name>
To re-Install JIRA Service
Change the directory to bin of JIRA installation using command prompt ex: If JIRA is located at C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\ 1) cd C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin 2) Run service.bat install <Service name>
Please vote or comment if this finds helpful.
Thank You
Chander
sometimes windows unable to stop some services on demand. when I hit this error I kill the server task using task manager then again the windows service will respond to our commands.
Hi Kathy,It might be a glitch with Windows, I would try to remove JIRA as a service, then add back, to see if the next interactions it will work just fine.https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+JIRA+as+a+Service
Cheers,WZ
In my specific case it was the tomcat process that ruined it.
Solved with below PowerShell cmd:
Elevated PowerShell > 'Get-Process TomCat* | Stop-Process -Force'
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.