I'm currently evaluating Confluence. I've been playing with it for a couple of days and I love what I've seen so far.
I'm testing Confluence on a personal laptop just using localhost, but my understanding is that a "real installation" is always going to have a public address available from any computer. Is that correct?
We would be using Confluence for internal use only, and there are only a handful of people (probably 4) who would ever need to edit the information. However, there are other people who need to read the information.
Is it possible to only set up user accounts for the people who need to edit, but still allow others within the organization to view the files anonymously - without the files being available to the general public?
Basically, I'm asking if you can password protect Confluence as a whole without always requiring a user to log in.
We're a small team, and honestly the team is unlikely to grow past the 10 user mark in the near future, but thinking ahead I'd like to know what is possible. I'm hovering just below 10 possible users right now, and the cost jump between 10-11 users is rather substantial (getting anywhere near 25 users is extremely unlikely)
Thanks.