Hi all.
Is there posiible to make the field "User Properties" in user`s profile viewable by all users, not only for administrators?
What is your JIRA version? I have own plugin for v4.4.3.
Jira toolkit plugin provides a user property customfield . I dont know whether user properties can be made viewable to all users but you show user properties in a customfield provided by jira toolkit plugin.
Thank you for the answer, but this solution is not fits.
Could you expand on why it doesn't work? My guess is that you want the properties to show on the users profile page instead of on issues (which isn't really what properties are intended for, although that's a different discussion)?
Hi, Nic.
In some cases we need to call by phone to user, who added a comment to an issue. As you can see, custom fields are not very useful in this case. Maybe you can give me a tip how I can configure it (or implement by plugin)?
You'll definitely need code. There's no "user level fields" in Jira, so you'll need to write something that adds them.
In this case, I'd actually be very tempted to dive into core Jira code and amend the stuff that displays the users name on the comment and add a bit of code like "if user property of telephone number exists, then show it here"
Until you've had time to do that, you could simply ask your users to include a number in their name. e.g. having a display name like "Nic B (ext 45678)"
maybe you can add the phone number in brackets to the user's full name... But it's not really nice...
You can use properties fields in user profiles. (Adding a property to user)
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users
Just add:
key - ext phone
value - 1234
When you click on username, you'll see his phone number.
Also you can use jQuery or Javascript to display it in issues.
Of course, but these properties are by default visible only to administrators, as Michael wrote. Must implement some code, to be visible to all users.
You can use this http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Using+JavaScript+to+Set+Custom+Field+Values
Ok, may be database-plugin will help https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/org.deblauwe.jira.plugin.database-values-plugin
xrakan, I`m using JIRA v4.4.4 and going to upgrade it to v5.0, but it will be very helpful, if you will share this plugin for me - I can made required changes to make it compatible with JIRA 5.0
Give me some email contact, where send codes. Mayby later I will release it officially on plugin exchange.
Please send it on acd13@mail.ru
Hi,
We have the same issue. I'm going to look into Buzz, but we need beyond the Phone Number. Our users want to be able to see the Client, Region, phone number and a flag when they hover over a User. I have gotten around this by using post-functions to copy the User Properties into custom fields onto each issue that a customer creates. But I would like to be able to let the non-administrators see User properties.
If anyone else has more suggestions....let me know...
Susan
I released my JIRA Public User Properties plugin, available at:
Atlassian marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cz.rk.jira.plugin.pup
Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jirapup/
Wiki Page: http://sourceforge.net/p/jirapup/wiki/Home/
thanks!,Ragek.
it's really a usefull plugin.
Ragek,
i find a small bug of your plugin.the plugin doesn't take effect for IE8.
in chrome and firefox,it works ok!
I will check this, look like some javascript issue.
You may add as many features as you need in user-popup, like mentioned here (abut user phone): https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-phone-number-web-item/qaq-p/295994Tie between your custom element inside popup and your plugin servlet, handling request may provide any functionality - with dialog or not, as you prefer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.