How do you link to a file that's in a whole other space. I don't want to link to the page. I want to link to the actual attachment, but in another space. Is that possible?
Doh, found my own answer. In Link, Attachment window go to Search, click on the Spaces dropdown, and paste in the name of the actual file.
Nope, spoke too soon. All the Search input does is bring you to the page where the file lives. I want to go to the file, not the page where the file is.
(There could be 50 files on a page for example, and the user would be forced to find the file they want. So a link to the page is not very helpful.)
Surely Confluence can force some kind of anchor link to get to the file on the page (versus the page in general)
Help?
The search should return the actual attachments as well, not just pages. You can then select the attachment you want to link to.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.