Dear colleagues,Please advise the best courses to take about Scriptrunner and Groovy for Jira Administrators. Also, another course, that will help to automate different things in Jira.Thank you.
hello @Gor Greyan ~ I found this one to be very helpful: https://www.udemy.com/course/groovy-step-by-step-for-beginners/
Hi @Gor Greyan
You can refer to the ScriptRunner Documentation on how to connect to an LDAP Connection, perform LDAP Customizations, and also how to make use of the LDAP Picker.
I hope this helps to answer your question. :-)Thank you and Kind regards,Ram
Dear Laurie, Thanks for the answer. And could you advise also for Scriptrunner and LDAP queries, if you know?
Hi @Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_Thanks for the provided resources.My issue is that I want to learn from 0, what is LDAP, how it is being used in Jira also the same for Scritrunner. I need to learn basic scripting, in order to imagine documentation, but I don't know from where to start.
@Gor Greyan ,
For ScriptRunner basics from 0, I would recommend to start here : Getting Started which would lead to our document pages etc.
Then, start checking out;
Don't be shy to check out our ScriptRunner Blogs for ideas and more samples of what can be done.
Hope that helps!Sean
If you are a novice in Groovy, I suggest, you start at the very basics.
Before getting your hands dirty in Groovy, it would be best to get a good understanding on Java, as Groovy runs on top of Java's Virtual Machine.
To start off on Java, please use the Java Tutorial Documentation, it's simple and very easy to understand.
Next, once you have an understanding of Object-Oriented programming and Java, you can refer to this Groovy tutorial.
In regards to LDAP, if you want to get a basic understanding of its concept, this documentation is a good starting point.
Following which, you can refer to the ScriptRunner Documentation on how to connect to an LDAP Connection, perform LDAP Customizations, and also how to make use of the LDAP Picker.
If you prefer to go through training videos, you can find many on YouTube. For example.
1. Groovy Tutorial For Beginners - YouTube
2. What is LDAP and Active Directory
I hope this helps. :-)Thank you and Kind regards,
Ram
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.