I'm trying to write a JQL query for issues that have a particular component. This seems like it should be very easy but i keep getting returned no results.
It seems like it should be as simple as this:
Project = PROJ AND component = componentName
but that's not working. I've also tried using the "IN" and "IS" operators as well to no avail. I've also seen some advice telling others to search for the component using the Component ID, however, I have no idea where i can find this ID.
Can somebody help?
Are you getting any error while trying that query? The syntax is correct. If you have space in the component name, put it in double quotes.
If it is still not working, try reindexing your JIRA.
I've tried the following and it returns results just fine.
Project = PROJ AND status != closed AND component != EMPTY
but as soon as i change the query to this...
... component = Consultation
...it breaks and gives me the following error:
image2016-4-13 18:29:14.png
i've checked the spelling to make sure its the same
image2016-4-13 18:32:0.png
When you start typing "component = Con..", does JQL auto populate your component? Maybe there is a space in the name that is not visible easily?
Pick the component from auto populate and try the query after that.
when i start typing "consul" is does give a list of components, however, none of them are the one i'm looking for (see image below). I'm looking for the component called "Consultation"
image2016-4-14 23:17:6.png
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.