We're trying to write a Forge app for the Bitbucket sidebar (module bitbucket:repoCodeOverviewCard). For this app we need to be able to call these endpoints:
When calling these, this is the error that I get:
{"type": "error","error": {"message": "This resource does not support authentication using OAuth tokens."}}
The API docs say the scope that is needed is: pipeline
I have tried both:
- read:pipeline:bitbucket- admin:pipeline:bitbucket
Is there any way to call these endpoints from within a Forge app?
@Caterina Curti any chance that you can point me in the right direction?
Hey @Alex Figliolia ,
The short answer is that these endpoints can't be called from a Forge app today.
The slightly longer answer is available here.
And here is how I go about finding out if an endpoint is available from a Forge app or not (with screenshot).
For a REST API to be available in Forge, it needs to have Forge app scopes.Here is an example from another endpoint:
Because the endpoints you mentioned only have OAuth 2.0 scopes (and no Forge app scopes), they can't be called from a Forge app.
(I couldn't find a ticket on jira.atlassian.com and I'm asking if there is one. I'll add it here if there is one already.)
Cheers,Caterina
@Caterina Curti thanks so much, I figured this would require a development change in the API. I couldn't find a ticket either, but for some reason, I do not have permission to create one in the BCLOUD project. I can create tickets for most of the other projects.
@Alex Figliolia - just a quick note to say that these endpoints are coming very soon, the team is just wrapping up work on a major Forge related release for Pipelines, and then we'll be moving over to supporting all the remaining Pipelines related API's in Forge.
@Alex Figliolia I think this is the most important answer to your follow-up question (thanks Edmund).I'm checking why the BCLOUD project is setup in a different way, I don't have an answer to that yet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.