I was cloning ideas from Jira software to Jira Product Discovery. Had a date field called Reported date, which I was unable to clone into Reported date in JPD - probably due to the different date format in JPD. So I created the date into a text field called ReportedDateM, so I had the information in JPD idea. My idea was to later update Reported date based on the date in ReportedDateM.
Manual updates was very tedious job as the calendar in JPD is not very good (it takes a lot of clicks to be able to select another year, for instance) and it is not possible to add keyboard inputs, or copy/paste in date (so needed to use the calendar). The ones with something in Reported date are the ones I have manually set with the calendar.
I have been trying to use Automation, but it fails at every attempt - I do not know how to write the JSON to make it work...
Can someone please advice me if it is possible to update the JPD date field Reported date (my customfield_10034) with values from the text based field ReportedDateM, and if so, how?
If it is not possible to use date from the text field, is it possible to update the Reported date field to anything using automation (so I can set it initially to correct year 2021 etc, and won't have to click so much in the calendar)?
I tried something like this:
{
"fields": {
"customfield_10034": "{""start"":""2021-04-01"",""end"":""2021-04-01""}"
}
}

If I manage to solve this, the next step is to see if it is possible to populate Reported date on new ideas based on the created date in JPD...